- The Points of Light Foundation, Washington, D.C. awarded the Wings of Hope Foundation with the Daily Points of Light Award, November 30, 2000. “The Daily Points of Light Award honors an individual or organization that makes a positive and lasting difference in the lives of others. Originally instituted during the administration of President George H.W. Bush, the program was reinstated on January 1, 1998 by the Points of Light Foundation, the Corporation for National Service and the Knights of Columbus.”
- Lynx Bus chose Wings of Hope as one of eight charities to be featured on their Public Bus! The unveiling was held on April 16 at the Amway Arena. See the Wings of Hope logo prominently displayed on the side of the bus as well as the back – it will be traveling throughout Orange, Seminole, and Osceola Counties for the next 12 months. Thank you, Lynx! Click here to see photos!
- The Association of Fundraising Professionals selected Wings of Hope as the 2012 Outstanding Philanthropic Foundation. The award was presented at the celebration of the National Philanthropy Day honoring “local heroes whose community involvement and philanthropic efforts have changed the face of Central Florida.”
- The Orange County Bar Association presented their annual Liberty Bell Award to the Wings of Hope Foundation in recognition of the work being done to help needy children in Central Florida.
- Children’s Home Society renamed their home for teen boys to “Brian’s House” in honor of all those who support the Wings of Hope Foundation. Brian’s House is an eight-bed, 24-hour group home for teenage boys who’ve been abused, neglected or abandoned.
- Boys Town of Central Florida dedicated part of its emergency children’s shelter as the “Wings of Hope Nursery” in honor of all the Wings of Hope supporters who provided cribs, dressers and other equipment for the infants and toddlers they serve.
- The United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties recognized the Wings of Hope Foundation as First Place, Outstanding Civic Organization in recognition of our significant volunteer service to the community.
- Children’s Home Society selected Wings of Hope as their Volunteers of the Year.
- Boys Town of Central Florida awarded us with the Honorary Citizenship Award and also enrolled Wings of Hope in the national Father Flanagan Society in appreciation of our support.