Giving Report November 2012
Your Donations at Work November 2012
During the third quarter of 2012, $43,125 has been given to assist at-risk children and young adults who have “aged out of the system” in Volusia, Seminole, Orange and Osceola Counties.
Details are listed below, but first we wanted to take a look at the impact your donations have had on one young person.
Tequila was taken from her family when she was just two years old because of abuse. She spent many years feeling frightened and alone as she moved from home to home — from stranger to stranger. Even her stay with an aunt became one of verbal and physical abuse. Fortunately, Tequila found The Village, a transitional home for teens like her who need a safe place to live and direction and assistance on her road to independent living. Tequila says, “Without The Village and Wings of Hope I would struggle with my housing and education. They gave me hope that I can and will be ‘someone.'”
Because of your support, Wings of Hope will continue to give Tequila — and the many other young people like her — a chance at a better life.
Because of your support, Wings of Hope will continue to give Cruz — and the many other young people like her — a chance at a better life.
Update and News
Here’s specifically how the funds were used from July through September 2012:
- $12,087: WingsNet performance rewards for grades, paycheck supplements, GED/High School graduation, Tuition, B.S. Degree
- $720: School supplies/equipment
- $982: Clothing & uniforms
- $100: College application
- $1,500: Substance abuse counseling
- $3,000: Psychological testing/counseling
- $300: Physical evaluations
- $600: Medical services
- $445: Housing deposits
- $211: Utilities/electric power/food
- $23,180: Total renovation of residential home kitchen
News to Share
- Our “I’m a Believer” Gala was the largest and most successful ever with 350 people in attendance! We will report on disbursement of the funds raised in the fourth quarter Giving Report.
- Wings of Hope was awarded Outstanding Philanthropic Foundation at the Association of Fundraising Professional National Philanthropy Day Celebration November 15, 2012.
- We also participated in supporting two local organizations: Safe House of Seminole’s 5k sponsored by Walk on Water with a $500 donation and Grassroots Giving’s 5k with a $1,000 donation.